This privacy notice (hereafter: the “Privacy Notice”) describes how Law firm Brezavšček Žgavec Ltd (hereafter: the “Law firm“, “we” or “us“) collects and uses the personal information you (hereafter: ”You”) provide us with on our website www.bzlaw.si or any of their subdomains or subpages (hereafter: the “Website”). It also describes the choices available to You regarding the use of Your personal data and how You may access, update and delete this data.
1. Collection of Personal Data
We receive and store any information You enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify You (hereafter: the “personal information” or “personal data”), including Your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password (if applicable). We may collect the following personal information from You if You choose to become a user and register with us or provide us with your personal information (in each case, if applicable):
- The personal data You provide us, such as: contact details, bank details, tax information, demographic information, employment and educational history, personal documents (if applicable);
- Contact Information such as name, e-mail address or phone number;
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number or password (if applicable);
- IP address;
- Other data specified as personal data under the Regulation (EU) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the procession of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter: the “GDPR”).
Please note that even if You do not register or become a user or in case You do not provide us with Your e-mail, we may automatically gather information from Your computer such as Your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. This information however generally does not include personally identifiable information about You.
We may obtain information about Your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to Your computer’s hard drive. They help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about Your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to Your individual interests;
- Speed up Your searches;
- Recognize You when You return to our Website.
Occasionally Your personal data may be used to allow us to better understand our audience.
3.General Operational Purposes
We may use information gathered from You for various purposes in order to:
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and Your computer;
- Share information about our services;
- Notify You about changes to our services;
- Conduct statistical analysis;
- Develop and improve our Website.
4. Our Personal Data Protection Principles
We are strongly committed to protecting the privacy and security of Your personal data. We are a “data controller”, which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use Your personal data.
We will comply with data protection law, which stipulates that personal data shall be:
- used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way, applying the data minimization principle;
- collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to You and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- relevant to the purposes we have revealed to You and limited only to those purposes;
- accurate at all times and kept up to date;
- kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have revealed to You;
- kept securely.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
In general, we use personal data to:
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Improve our Website and marketing efforts;
- Send You confirmations for sign up;
- Send You newsletters;
- Respond to Your questions.
All personal data will be used lawfully, in accordance with the GDPR, and for the purposes of improvement of our services in order to offer You our product. At all instances we will strive to collect only such data that are required for the improvement of our services (data minimization principle), while in most instances we will only collect Your IP address and with Your explicit consent Your name and e-mail address.
In case You will decide to give us Your e-mail and potentially other personal data, You will have to give Your explicit consent to the collecting of Your personal data by us (opt-in function).
We have a legitimate interest in ensuring that the Website and our services operate effectively, and to do this we may use Your personal data:
- to monitor, improve and administer the Website and the services provided on the Website;
- to contact You to ensure customer satisfaction in respect of our role as a service provider and assist You in getting the best value from our services;
- to respond to customer support or other enquiries requesting information. We may also intercept, record and/or monitor any communication(s) (including telephone calls or other electronic communications) between You and us. We may do so in order to resolve queries in the future and for the purposes of ensuring security, staff training and complying with our regulatory and legal responsibilities.
6. Storage and Transfer of Your Personal Data, Security
The personal data collected by us will be used by us. The data that we collect from You may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA and working for us or one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of Your details and the provision of support services. Any potential transfer of personal data outside the EEA will be done in accordance with Chapter V. of GDPR. By consenting to the terms of this Privacy Notice, You agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in accordance with the GDPR. By providing us Your personal data, You agree that we may transfer such personal data to third parties. In such case we will ensure that Your rights will remain enforceable and effective legal remedies will be available to You following the transfer.
We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect Your personal data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data You disclose online. In using the Website, You accept the inherent security implications of engaging in transactions online over the internet, and You agree that You will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been grossly negligent or in willful default.
7. Editing and Deleting of Personal Data
Every user of our Website can regulate, modify and rectify its personal data without requiring our permission by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Modification of personal data is free of charge. Every user of our Website can erase its personal data without requiring our permission by contacting us at email@example.com. Erasure of personal data is free of charge. At any time any user may restrict processing of its personal data and has the right to object, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each user has the right of data portability by contacting us at email@example.com.
If You wish to raise an objection to the processing of Your personal data or wish it to be deleted, You may do so by notifying us using the contact details above. It may be possible for us to restrict processing of Your personal data, or to delete it so long as we can still comply with our legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
Where we have processed information with Your consent then You may notify us using the contact details above to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing Your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to Your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of Your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If You have concerns about how we collect and use Your data, please contact us. If you are dissatisfied with our response, You may have the right to raise Your concern with the appropriate authorities.
The e-mail addresses of our users will only be used for sending the e-mail communication to the addressee. If You, as a user, want to unsubscribe from receiving e-mails, You can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on our Webpage and, where appropriate, we will notify our users about the amendments by e-mail.
10. The Right to Lodge a Complaint
Each user has a right to file a complaint with the supervising authority, which is:
Informacijski pooblaščenec Republike Slovenije, Dunajska cesta 22, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
11. Contact Information
If You require more information about our Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ljubljana, 1 September 2022
Law firm Brezavšček Žgavec Ltd