Attorney at Law I Partner
After completing his studies at the Faculty of Law of the University of Ljubljana and the Université de Poitiers in France, Andrej’s first employments were with the legal department of Telekom Slovenije d.d. and at with the High Court in Ljubljana. After passing the state law exam, he gained legal experience at law firms, and since 2013 he has been working as a partner and founder of a law firm. In 2021, together with Simon, they opened the Brezavšček Žgavec Law Office.
Andrej Brezavšček holds a license as an insolvency administrator. So far, he has managed more than 200 bankruptcy proceedings.
Andrej Brezavšček is a partner in the start-up projects Suricate Ventures and United Hearts.
Areas of work:
- Commercial Law
- environmental protection law and waste management
- mergers and acquisitions
- competition law
- insolvency law
- EU law
- dispute resolution and alternative dispute resolution
- public procurement law
- Extended liability of producers in the case of waste packaging, Public Administration, vol. 55, no. 1-2, 2019
- Waste packaging in Slovenia: Why we need competition and information, TFL Glasnik, no. 17, 2019,
- Legal monopoly in the field of extended producer responsibility, TFL Glasnik, no. 30, 2021
- Interview: Andrej Brezavšček: I wish that the law (ZVO-2) would solve problems, but I am afraid that it will create new ones (TFL Glasnik, No. 33, 2021)
- A Guide to Foreign Investment in Real Estate in Slovenia, Alliot Global Alliance, 2020, co-author